共和的 发表于 2012-10-15 10:33

SAT阅读中目的题题型

SAT的阅读确实存在一定的技巧性,但任何一门考试都是技巧和实力的结合,仅仅依靠技巧不能从根本上解决问题我们通过一篇长阅读,介绍SAT -些阅读题型及对应的做题基本方法,让我们一起来看看“SAT阅读中目的题题型解析”的具体内容吧。

The following passage recounts a young girl's experience o f moving with herfamily from Massachusetts to Arizona.

When I was thirteen, my family moved from Boston to Tucson, Arizona Before the move, my father gathered us together after dinner on a freezing January night. My sisters and I clustered around the fire, unaware that the universe was about to  suddenly change its course. "I've been transferred In May, we're moving to 5 Arizona ',

The words-so small, just two sentences-didn't seem big enough to hold my new fate. But without any further ceremony, the world changed and I awoke on a train moving across the country. I watched the landscape shift like a kaleidoscope . from green trees to flat dusty plains to soaring mountains as I glimpsed strange new 10 plants that hinted of mysteries yet to come. Finally, we arrived and settled into our new one-story adobe home.

While my older sisters grieved the loss of friends, schools, dances, and trees, I eagerly explored our new surroundings. I never realized there could be such a variety of cacti: saguaro, pincushion, prickly pear, barrel, cholla Nor could I ever have'   15 imagined trees as strange as the Joshua trees that grew m our yard 。And the mountains !I had never seen mountains before, and now they surround me.

One afternoon, I was out exploring as usual and espied a new kind of cactus. It looked like a green ball covered in soft white fur. I crouched down for a closer look "You'd better not touch that. That white stuff may look like harmless fur, but 20 they're actually spines and they're the devil to get out "

I turned around to see a woman who seemed to have emerged from the desert itself. Everything about her was brown - boots, skirt, skin - except for her startling white hair and eyes of a blue that matched the color of the sky.

Are you new to this neighborhood? I haven't seen you before. " I explained that 25 I was, in fact, new to the entire state. "My name is Ina Thorne. I've lived here smce I was eight years old How are you adjusting to life in the desert? It must be quite a shock after liying in Boston " How could I explain how I found the desert? I tried, haltingly, to tell her how the desert affected me, but I couldn't seem to find the right words.

It's the freedom," she offered 66That vastness when you stand on the 30 mountains overlooking the desert-you can sense how little you are m comparison with the world that surrounds you At the same time, you feel that the possibilities are limitless. "It was as if she had read some of my inner diary. That was it. That was the feeling I'd had ever sine I'd first seen the mountains of my new home I trembled inside, hoping that this woman who captured the essence of the desert itself 35 wouldn't just send me away with a pat on the head, as adults do. I saw in her a true friend Again, my life would change with just a few simple words.

“Would you like to come to my ranch tomorrow afternoon-if your parents don't mind? Someone should teach you which plants you should and shouldn't touch "

1. In lines 3 - 4, the author's statement that "the universe was about to suddenly change its course serves to

A) highlight the tremendous impact the move would have on the author's life

B) suggest that the weather would soon improve with the changing of the seasons

C) suggest that a cross-country move would be catastrophic for the author

D) show the ambivalence the sisters felt about moving to Tucson

E) emphasize the anger her father felt about having been transferred

sat考试sat学习 sat资料ww.eliteplanenglish.com/sat
页: [1]
查看完整版本: SAT阅读中目的题题型