多用连接性的单词
多用长句,少用短句
注意审题,拟好提纲
利用提示,调整扩充
写好第一句话,留个良好印象
文章忌讳太长,容易引起反感
如有可能,适当加上一两句名言或是谚语,以显示你见识的广博。
第一节 谋篇布局训练
谋篇布局是文章内容的组织形成阶段。在写作的这个阶段,要认真审题,根据对题目的分析,定下主题。先列出内容的主干,确定每段的主题句内容,再一一增加细节,最终形成完整的内容提纲。
四、六级作文篇幅不长,提纲层次一般都有在两三层之内。一般来说,第一层是从主题或标题材到各个段落的主题;第二层在各个段落之内,由各段主题句到各个扩展句;第三层即扩展句之下再出现一层,四层以上一般少用,因为四、六级作文平均在12—15句的长度之间为合适,并不一定要深入的讨论。谋篇布局的关键首先就在于确定每一层的各项内容与其主题的关系。从段落基本的展开式看,不外乎列举,因果,对比或比较及定义等几种,明确了每个层次用哪种方式展开,也就选择了写作的基本方向。然后再列出各层次的具体内容,文章的内容也就明确了,布局谋篇的任务也就完成了。
根据历年考试,四、六级作文内容划分成五种大的类型,即正反观点对比和作者态度型、问题解决型、现象对比和态度型、论证道理型及综合类型。
一、 正反观点对比和作者态度型作文
正反观点对比和作者态度型作文题型的基本特征是:首先提出两种相互对比的观点,让考生在分析 、比较、说理的基础上提出自己的态度、想法和观点。这类题目有下面两种模式:
分析观点1+分析观点2
1. +提出作者观点
对比
这种题目中,观点1与观点2常常截然相反,而且都是比较片面的认识。而作者正可以对两者加以综合,得出正确或全面的观点。
分析错误观点 + 提出作者观点
对比
这种题目中,前一个观点通常是明显错误令人怀疑的,而作者要用完全相反的观点来批驳,两者形成对比,从而得出正确的令人信服的结论。如:
some people tend to think that 观点一。 They point out that 理由一。Additionally, 理由二。(A case in point is 举例。) Therefore, 小结。
On the contrary, other people hold the view that 观点二。They argue that 理由一。What’s more, 理由二。(As an illustration , 举例。)Accordingly, 小结。
As far as I am concerned, I think我的观点。The reason in that 理由一。And also, 理由二。So, 总结自己的观点。
练习一、认真审题,写出下面题目的提纲。
1. Is Honesty an important Virtue?
(1) 有人认为诚实在生活中并不重要。
(2) 我认为诚实是一种重要的品德。
2. Do You Work for Money?
(1)有人认为工作只是为了赚钱。
(2)我认为工作不只是为了赚钱,还有其他的目的。
3. Self Development at College.
(1) 有人认为大学生的任务主要是学习知识和技能。
(2) 有人认为大学应该侧重于参加各种活动,发展各种能力。
(3) 我的观点。
4. What Makes a Good Teacher?
(1) 有人认为好教师最重要的素质是有渊博的知识。
(2) 有人认为好教师最重要的素质是有责任心。
(3) 我的观点。
二、 问题解决型作文
这类作文包括图表题和提纲类两种题型。其主要的出题方式是针对某些情况或现象进行
分析,然后提出自己的看法或对策,基本的结构为:
现象的描述+分析原因+列举利弊+个人看法或解决措施。
根据因年四、六级考试题目分析,主要归纳了以下几种模式:
1.描述现象+分析原因+列举利弊
2.描述现象并分析原因+举例列举利弊
3.描述现象+列举利弊+提出措施
4.描述现象并分析原因+对比其他列举利弊+提出个人对现象某方面的看法
5.描述现象+提出措施
6.(图表题)分析图表描述现象+分析原因得出结论
其中“列举利弊”一般都是针对利弊单方面而言,不要求作对比说明。如:
Nowadays, we have to face a problem that问题。(Nowadays, more and more people are concerned about the problem问题。/ It is important for us to 问题。)For instance例一。(First,原因一)Moreover,例二。(Second,原因二。)
People have figured out many ways to solve the problem. (Confronted with 问题,we should take a series of effective measures to cope with the situation.) Firstly,解决方法一。Secondly,解决方法二。
Personally, I believe that 我的方法。(To me, I am taking two ways to solve the problem of 问题。)One of them in 我的方法。The other way is 方法二。By now ways have been working perfectly and efficiently 结果。
其中有一类特殊的图表作文,如:
From the graph, we know the statistics of 图表概况。It can easily be seen that揭示含义。
There are many reasons responsible for this instance, and the following are the typical ones. For one thing, 理由一。In addition,理由二。The main reason is that理由三。
However, this graph may not predict the entire situation in the future. I believe前景预测。(Above all, we now know about the problem and we should try to find some ways to solve it. For one thing,方法一。For another thing, 方法二。Still another, 方法三。)
练习一、仔细审题,写出下面题目的提纲。
1.What Will Criticism Bring Us?
(1)在什么情况下,我们会被批评。
(2为什么有些人不喜欢被批评。
(3)不接受批评的害处。
2.Desertification
(1)目前上世界上的沙漠面积在不断地扩大,为什么会有这种现象。
(2)举例说明沙漠化对环境、社会和人的危害。
3.Make Our City Greener
(1) 城市绿化的现状。
(2)绿化的好处(如清洁空气、美化城市、改善气候------等等)。
(3)怎样才能实现绿化,给出对策或措施。
三.现象对比和观点型作文
这类题目往往先提出某一现象,然后要求考生对其利弊两方面进行分析,或指出人们对其正反两方面的态度,最后要求考生讲出自己的观点或看法并说明原因。此类题目的基本结构为:
描述现象+对比分析+个人观点
根据历年考题分析,可以归纳为以下三种模式:
1.描述现象+列举现象利弊+提出观点
2.列举现象有利的一面+列举现象不利的一面+提出措施
3.描述现象+分析对现象正反两方面的观点+表明个人观点如:
Whenever we hear people say that 主题,we’ll instantly have the idea that it is a good/bad thing for 某人。Indeed, 主题have advantages to 某人。We can take 举例as an example. It will benefit 好处一。In addition, 好处二。
In the meantime, we must realize those disadvantages of 主题。First of all, 坏处一。Second, 坏处二。
To sum up the above arguments, I think a proper attitude towards 主题,is that我的观点。
练习一、仔细审题,写出下面题目的提纲。
1.Computer Games
(1)电脑游戏在青年人当中越来越流行。
(2)电脑游戏对青年人的影响。
(3)我的观点。
2.Intemet
(1)网络在现代社会变得越来越普及。
(2)网络所带来的利弊。
(3)我的观点。
3.Social Activities on Campus
(1)参加校园中的社会活动对大学生的好处。
(2)参加校园中的社会活动对大学生的负面影响。
(3)我应当如何对待校园中的社会活动。
4.Is Failure a Bad Thing?
(1) 失败在我们的生活中经常发生。
(2)人们对失败的不同态度。
(3)我怎样看待失败。
四、论证道理型作文
这类作文首先要提出一句格言、谚语或阐明一种道理,考生要以对其加以解释,说明自己对它的理解,然后加以举例说明,一般要求有两个方面的例子,其中之一是由题目指定的方面,另一个则是由考生自己选定的方面。其基本结构:
解释说明某一格言+举例一(指定)+举例二(自选),如:
A famous saying goes that名言或谚语。It means that释义。
An example of this case is 举例。解释。
Another case in point is例二。
I like the saying——名言,which encourages me理由。
练习一、仔细审题,写出下面题目提纲。
1.Where There Is a Will, There Is a Way.
(1)怎样理解“有志者事竟成
(2)例如,在学习中-----
(3)又如------
2.In Unity There Is Strength
(1)怎样理解“团结就是力量”
(2)比如,在工作中,-----
(3)又如,------
五、综合类型作文
在四、六级考试中还有这样几种类型的考题。其作文的基本结构如下:
1.指出喜欢的事物+列举事物的特征+说明喜欢的原因
这是一类说明文,由考生自己选择事物,构思可以按照题目中项目的顺序来进行。
2.对事物利弊或相反观点的对比+分析事物的作用+提出利大于弊的观点
这类题目的思路相当明确,按照题目项目构思即可。
3.列举现象的一个方面+列举现象的另一方面+结论
这类题目中,文章题目就是文章所要表百家的主题或叫心观点。构思时,可以加上开头段来提出现象,在结尾段中可重申文章题目揭示的主题作为结论。
4.指出事物两个方面的相互作用+分析其中一个方面对另一个方面的作用+分析另一方面对这一方面的作用
事物有两方面参与者,分别具体分析两方面的相互影响。
5. 分析某事物的重要性+提出实现此事的途径(即措施)+提出个人打算或想法
按照题目项目的顺序构思,把实现途径和个人打算结合起来论述
分析错误观点+指出现实情况
6. +提出方法措施
对比
题目思路明确,按此构思即可。注意把人们的错误观点与现实情况加以对比说明。
练习一、仔细审题,写出下面题目的提纲。
1.My Favorite Magazine
(1)我最喜欢的杂志是------
(2)这个杂志的内容和特点。
(3) 我喜欢它的原因.
2.Travel Can Benefit Us a Lot
(1)旅行能使我们得到休息和乐趣。
(2)旅行能使我们增长知识,增长见识。
(3)结论。
3.Advantage of a Job Interview
(1)现在找工作一般都要面试,通过面试者(interviewer)和应试者(interviewee)可以相互了解对方的情况。
(2)面试者可以向应试者介绍情况,如工作性质,条件和待遇等。
(3)应试者也有机会给对方留下一个好印象,如可以表现出自信心、可以介绍教育背景、工作能力等。
4.More Communication in English Class
(1)人们越来越重视在英语课堂中有更多的交流。通过交流,教师与学生能够增进了解,保证有良好的教学效果。
(2)教师可以通过交流了解学生的心理状态,学习水平,从而改进自己的教学方法。
(3)学生可以通过课堂交流向教师请教学学习方法,提高课堂学习的效果。
 楼主| 发表于 2004-12-10 21:48 | 显示全部楼层
第二节 应用文写作
四、六级考试中,有时也会涉及应用文的写作。
一、英文书信
英文书信分为事务信件和么人信件。因为事务信件通常写给某个机构,所以格式要求较为严格。信头,日期,地址,签名等都有要完整书写。
称呼可以选择下列几种:Gentlemen, Dear Sir, Dear Sir or Madam, Dear Sirs, To whom it may concern。 事务信件的称呼后面用冒号(:)。
结束语的一般写法有:Yours Faithfully, Faithfully yours, Yours Truly, Truly Yours, Yours Sincerely, Sincerely yours。结束语后面要用逗号(,)。
私人信件一般写给自己熟悉的人,形式很自由,只需在右上角写上日期就行了,无需信头和信内地址。直接以称呼开头,后面用逗号(,)比如Dear Tom, Dear Ann, 等等。
例1事务书信

例2 私人书信

Oct. 10 2003

二、便条
便条是留给人家、邻居、同事、朋友以及其他我们日常所接触的人看的一种简短书信,它不通过邮寄,格式更为自由,称呼前不必加dear,当然也可以加上,而且结尾不必用Sincerely, 但一般要写上自己的名字。
例3 便条
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-12-10 21:50 | 显示全部楼层
三、个人简历
申请一份工作时,通常要准备简历。作为应用文体的一种,简历也有其固定的格式。
个人简历一般包括下列内容:Personal Data, Education, Working Experience, Awards, Language Proficiency, Special Interests, References
第三节 重要范文及参考观点
Adventure 冒险
﹥﹥相关问题:Should students risk their lives for adventures?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. I appreciate the courage of the five mountain climbers from Peking University. If I had a chance, I would risk my life in such an adventure. I think the meaning of life is passion.
2. Life is more important than anything else. So I give priority to safety rather than adventure. Without 100 per cent confidence in safety, no adventure should be carried out.
3. I take great pride in their brave action. In fact, danger exits everywhere. Last week a female student was killed by a bus when she was riding a bicycle on a Chengdu street. So can we say we should give up riding after her death? I support them to continue their adventures, but they must be more cautious.
4. It is unnecessary to sacrifice one\'s precious life for the risk-taking spirit. Judging from the surface, these students are brave. However, they are able to make even greater contributions to society if they are alive.
5. Physical adventure, such as climbing mountains, is a part of human life. Without it, I can\'t imagine how people can clearly know our world. Therefore, taking risks is a part of culture as well as a good way to find our potential. However I think the university administration and government must pay more attention to organization and equipment to make sure the danger will be held to a minimum.
6. Most college students are over 18. We are adults so we have the right and the ability to choose adventure or safety. As soon as I make a decision, I do it even though it is dangerous.
7. The tragedy tells us that we must distinguish between \"adventure\" and \"exploration.\" It\'s well known that summer is the rainy season in Tibet and the climate is not fit for climbing. Moreover, their communications equipment was not advanced, so when the avalanche hit, they couldn\'t notify anyone. In my opinion, safety is the most important thing. After all, life is the most important treasure. We must cherish it!
Career 职业
﹥﹥相关问题:American grads aren\'t interested in a career in government. What about you? Why do you think this way? What do you value in an employer?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. I think working for the government is not so good. Being an administrator is almost equal to low efficiency, low pay, and a lack of freedom and responsibility. The strict hierarchy in the government can make even the best people depressed. Personally, I am interested in business. Its fair play is appealing to me.
2. I want a white-collar job that will make an energetic girl like me feel full, efficient and interesting. I cannot imagine myself sitting in the office, reading a newspaper, and sipping tea leisurely. This is a typical working scene in the government. Furthermore, other things like bureaucracy and the sophistication in handling relationship make me scared. I\'m a junior in college, and I\'ll never begin my career in government.
3. Working in the government means a relatively stable and good salary, good health insurance, less pressure, more security and regular holidays. And one can have enough spare time to enjoy and build oneself. Nowadays, finding a job is getting tougher. Whatever your job is, just go for it, hold it, then jump away.
4. I prefer a career in government. First, it can offer a stable, though not very high-paying job which can ensure a comfortable life! Second, it will give me higher social status. People all over the country respect civil servants. Third, if I can come to power or be a leader in a department, I can benefit from it.
If I were given a chance to choose my career again, I would not hesitate to take a job as a designer in a toy company, although this new job is very different from my present one, teaching mathematics in a middle school. The first difference is that every day I have to be with the pupils, teaching, and correcting exercises while the new job is just to sit in the office and try to work out new designs for toys. The second difference, I think, is that teaching in a middle school is not as challenging as designing new toys. In the middle school, I can manage to teacher well, while in a toy factory; I must work out new designs continuously. Otherwise I would not be able to keep the job.
I would like to choose this new career because I love children and I like to make them happy by offering various kinds toys. I also like something more challenging so that I could make full use of my intelligence.
Deeds 英勇事迹
﹥﹥相关问题:Should a 20-point bonus be awarded to high school graduates who have been involved in major heroic deeds?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. Encouraging students to be brave and righteous is good, but it\'s inappropriate to link it to the admission evaluation. Most senior school students are too young to possess the ability to implement such \"heroic deeds.\'\' Additionally, some students may feel it is unfair because they have got no chance in their daily life to be a hero.
2. The students who have done such heroic deeds should be granted this honour, and they deserve it. In our society, too many people have an ignorant attitude towards crime. We need to set a good example to enhance the citizens\' awareness of maintaining law and order.
3. As a high school student myself, I strongly oppose this practice, for it would mislead students. In China not every high school student is able to enter a college. Some may try every means possible to create a situation in which they might do heroic deeds just for the sake of the 20-point bonus! Just imagine how difficult it is to get an extra 20 points from a single test.
4. Mere admission bonus is not enough. These days, we\'ve more or less become dumb to heroism and justice. Many people around us have adopted a look-on attitude towards heroic deeds. I hope more bonus systems will be set up to promote a sense of righteousness among young people.
5. Of course those heroic students deserve the award. But it\'s better to introduce this policy into the current \"baosong\" or \"xuansong\" system, not the college admissions, so as to keep the latter\'s academic purity.
6. It is evidence of society\'s thirst for justice. But it would be improper if high-school students undertake heroic deeds just for the sake of the 20-point bonus. They are too young to protect themselves well when they are in danger. They may be unable to help others but still could make meaningless sacrifices.
7. I should say I like this preferential policy very much. There are two reasons to approve this policy. It encourages students to be aware of the people who need their help in society and it helps those teenagers not to be hesitant in offering help. Our country needs these young heroes.
E-mail 电子邮件
﹥﹥经典范文:E-mail in China
E-mail is getting more and more popular in China due to the rapid development of computer. E-mail has entered many families and offices, and it is used by almost every student and teacher in universities, and almost every government officer.
E-mail is popular now because it has its own advantages. First, it is fast. Within a few seconds, your message will reach its destination. Besides, it is also very cheap. One letter to the United States will cost only a few fens. However, it also has some disadvantages. First, if a computer is broken sown or affected by virus, your message will be delayed or damaged. Second, your message is likely to be discovered by those whom you don’t expect to read it. And finally, if you overuse the E-mail your eyesight will be affected.
Anyhow, I believe that the E-mail will have a bright future, and it will be more popular in China.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-12-10 21:51 | 显示全部楼层
Health 健康
﹥﹥相关问题:People are understanding the mind-body connection better. But, do emotions affect our health? Would using psychosomatic medicine help? Why or why not?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. It\'s no doubt that emotions affect health. Experiments have already proven the connection between physical well-being and mental health. Because people often mistake it for imaginary illnesses, it is still less developed. However, in a modern society, men should learn something about psychosomatic medicine, such as relaxation, to cure illnesses.
2. While the mind-body connection is widely accepted, many problems need to be solved in psychosomatic medicine. For example, to which extent mental health affects physical condition, and how to distinguish psychosomatic medicine and imaginary illnesses. I believe more research is needed for the development of this new field of study. Without compelling facts, we shouldn\'t depend too much on it.
3. Moods, apparently, influence one\'s health. But, I doubt whether psychosomatic medicine needs to be a subspecialty. It might be better to treat it as an auxiliary approach to cures. If patients pay too much attention to getting in a good mood and ignore normal medical treatment, their health will suffer.
4. I believe in the mind-body connection. A case would be that ridiculous story about the death of the patient who is wrongly informed of having cancer. We now do face much pressure. Psychosomatic medicine plays the role of taking the wood from the boiling water, or rather in Chinese \"fu di chou xin.\" In other words, it serves to break the vicious cycle between physical illness and mental state.
5. As a postgraduate student in medicine, I\'ve found many diseases are connected with emotions. Many physical disorders are caused by disorders of the mind and emotions. So in my opinion, the standard of health needs rewriting. Being healthy not only means without diseases and pains in the body, but also means complementary states of mind.
6. It\'s very helpful to create a medical subspecialty in psychosomatic medicine. More people realize the significance of a mind-body connection. For example, I often suffer from stomach disorders due to stress from study. But I recover quickly when the weekend comes.
7. Emotions do have adverse effects on us. A pessimistic or stress-prone person is more likely to suffer from psychopathic problems. Scientists in Germany have proved that stress will provoke molecule changes in cells. Take my case as an example. I once put too much pressure on myself to get access to a prestigious high school, so I suffered from nervous disorder for years.
﹥﹥经典范文:Physical Exercise and Health
Physical exercise increases the circulation of the blood. During exercise a man’s heart beats violently. Whenever a muscle works it becomes warm, that is, more blood goes there. The heart forces blood into the muscle as quickly as possible. Exercise compels the body to use more oxygen and a larger quantity of waste matter is expelled from the body. This makes the constitution healthier.
Physical exercise develops the muscles. Many a sportsman has big arms and strong legs , which are better adapted to hard work . The more a muscle is used the harder and larger it becomes.
Physical exercise increases the appetite and favours digestion. A man who takes exercise needs more food than the one who does not. The reason is that the more energy he spends the more blood he uses . New blood requires food to keep it pure.
Internet 网络
﹥﹥主题链接:Computer(计算机)
﹥﹥相关问题:Some say that the Internet has killed writing. What do you think? What about online writing? What makes it stand out? How is it different from printed work?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. In ancient times, wood, stone, or cloth were used for writing. Then paper replaced them because paper is more convenient or cheaper. And now, the Internet is coming with advantages over paper. From an historical angle, the Internet will surely kill paper, and then writing on paper.
2. I don\'t read stories online very much though it is convenient. Good literature should be tasted carefully! But computers kill my intuition. That may explain the popularity of letters today.
3. I prefer printed work to online writing. Fluent wording, smooth plots and thoughtful ideas are vital principles that writers should observe. However, online publication is so easy and casual that some \"modern\" works don\'t possess these qualities. So I believe online writing is a fad. Think carefully before putting your work online.
4. I prefer works on the Internet to the books in the bookstores. First, online reading is cheaper. Currently, one yuan might be enough for a book of about 20-30 pages. But one yuan, that is about 20 minutes online, can help you download hundreds of pages and then read later. Second, you can find many unpublished books on the Internet. Third, the Internet usually provides ways for readers and writers to communicate with each other. This is hardly achieved by books.
5. I\'m just a writer on the web. I love writing. But I\'m only a common girl without money and confidence to publish my work. So I put my stories on the Internet with an affordable price. This way of publishing helps me achieve my dream and put me together with my readers. So I like it.
6. More people tend to write or read online because it\'s free and has speedy delivery. But I believe books have their own attractions. First, they are portable. You can take them anywhere you\'d like to read. Second, reading on screen does much more harm to readers\' eyes than reading books. So, online writing and paper writing have their own advantages and will co-exist.
7. Security is a big threat to the development of the Internet. Online reading is no exception. Though online works can be protected from natural disasters, looting and arson, hackers can cause damage. So when reading or writing online, bear the security issue in mind.
8. Internet writing gives more chances for students to demonstrate and improve their writing skills. Just like what I am doing now! If 21st Century only accepted standard mail for this column, I would never have a chance to take part in it!
9. Some students got into graduate school because of their contribution to the fight against SARS. Is such a policy proper? Or is it just another form of privilege? Should it be encouraged?
Mental Problem 精神问题
﹥﹥相关问题:Students\' mental health is receiving more concern. Do you believe students\' psychological defects are exaggerated.
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. I can\'t see any overstatement on this problem. Instead, concern is far from enough, though it has been on the rise. The fact that we are not as happy and optimistic as when we were in middle school speaks to the problem.
2. I think this phenomenon is exaggerated by some people. Students\' psychological problems are common!
3. I won\'t deny that I have psychological problems to some extent. These kinds of problems are always underestimated or even denied by the public. I\'m pleased to see the recent trend that individuals are getting more care and attention. It is great social progress.
4. In my opinion, psychological defeat is worth worrying about. When we were small children, we always were told that there was nothing more important than study. As long as we get high scores, no one worries about our personality. We aren\'t taught how to be adults. So there are so many childish college students. The young generation is facing more and more challenges, so it\'s urgent for us to deal with this problem.
5. I don\'t think mental problems are widely developed among students. Perhaps these phenomena exist more among freshmen because they cannot immediately adapt to their courses and living conditions. College students do have the ability to overcome the problems over time.
6. I do agree with what those psychological counseling experts said in the story. The efficient method to avoid unhealthy mental conditions is to teach university students how to do a self-analysis to reduce pressure. Also, society and educators must help students who have psychological defects.
7. Not only university students but everyone may suffer from psychological problems at any time. The important thing is how we deal with them. A psychological counseling center should be set up in every university to help students cope with their problems.
8. Psychological problems have long been present in every corner of society. But they often are undermined and neglected. Luckily, many elementary schools included psychological counseling in their curricula. But there is a lack of specialists and guidelines. Despite the twinkle of light ahead, there\'s still a long way to go.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-12-10 21:52 | 显示全部楼层
Overseas Degree “洋文凭”
﹥﹥相关问题:Overseas degrees could \"depreciate\" in value. Why is that? And is one\'s competitive edge sharpened by study overseas? What is the real value of overseas study?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. I find great differences between people who studied overseas two decades ago and those who go today. Before the 1990s, only really talented people could study abroad. But today, even senior high school students can go if they have the money. Some go abroad because they are not qualified for any colleges in China. No doubt, this decreases the quality of overseas Chinese and also caused a depreciation of their degrees. The easier the degree is to get, the less valuable it is.
2. To me, the \"depreciation\'\' of overseas degrees is good. It shows that we Chinese are getting to know the real value of overseas study and abandoning the blind admiration of overseas degrees. This trend warns those who want to go abroad just to have fun, that your future is not guaranteed by the degree you have, but by how much you have actually learned.
3. A diploma granted by an overseas university appeals to many people. Potential employers may choose applicants with outstanding educational backgrounds, but the performance during the internship period is the most important factor when a final decision is made. However, many job hunters with overseas degrees do not perform well because they are not familiar with the Chinese situation, or because their knowledge is not applicable in China.
4. I agree with the saying: The rarer it is, the more valuable it is. With more Chinese returning from abroad, the value of an overseas degree will certainly depreciate. The real value of overseas study is to improve one\'s language ability, experience a different culture and a different way of thinking. As for the academic degrees, Chinese universities are also excellent.
5. The reason Chinese students settle overseas is mainly because they can easily get the latest science and technology. At the same time, they have opportunities to attend some important conferences and research meetings. But I think more Chinese will come back because the root of their development is in China.
6. Though overseas degrees seem depreciated, I still regard it valuable to study overseas. Overseas study includes more than just studying. It allows the experience of living in another country, learning about a different culture and trying to draw conclusions from cross-cultural communications.
SARS “非典”
﹥﹥相关问题:SARS has affected people\'s daily lives in some important places. What has it shown us about ourselves? What lessons can we draw from its spread?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. The fight against SARS shows two sharply contrasting groups of people — medical staff working in the frontline with the risk of being infected and some pharmacies, merchants and the like making high profits from the disease.
2. To some extent, SARS helps us increase our awareness about health and realize the importance of family. In this special May Day holiday, people can be seen everywhere, from gymnasiums to parks, doing different kinds of exercise to keep themselves fit. We also spent more time staying at home, communicating with our parents and friends. What\'s more, we suddenly found that simple acts such as washing hands and the happiness we cherish today were long ignored.
3. The outbreak of SARS urges people to change their unhealthy habits or customs, which may add fuel to the fire. Meals served individually should be encouraged. That is, each one has his own portion of food instead of sharing it from common plates. This practice will greatly reduce the possibility of the spread of germs. We should also confine spitting or littering in public places. For pet lovers, they should take measures to prevent infections being transferred by animals.
4. The government should learn how to deal with emergencies from this SARS spread. Participation of and cooperation with the people are vital in curbing the crisis. Thus, the government should take the responsibility to inform the public. Blocking information will always intensify, instead of ease, panic. There is also an urgent need to set up a nationwide public health network, to improve the response to public health emergencies such as the SARS epidemic.
5. It should have been a wonderful holiday: being the bridesmaid for my best friend\'s wedding and traveling with my lover. But I had to stay at home because of SARS. That is life. You never know what will happen in the future. Anyway, no matter how hard it rains or blows, the sunny day is waiting for those who are brave and optimistic.
6. Everyone turns pale at the mention of SARS. Some even hide home with food stored. However, I think it is not necessary to be so scared. Epidemics are not rare in human history. As long as we treat and prevent it in the right way, we will finally conquer it. Mankind\'s future depends on ourselves.
Talents 人才
﹥﹥相关问题:Are talent scouts really useful and if you were stopped by one of them, how would you react?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. If I am stopped by a talent scout, my first reaction is to escape. Although our society advocates a spirit of trust, more cons take place every day. Who can prove that the man appearing suddenly in front of you is a real talent scout?
2. In ancient China, we had \"Bole\'\' to pick talented people. So, talent scouts are nothing new and you don\'t need to be scared of them. If one day I were stopped by a talent scout, I would grab the opportunity as tightly as possible! They may offer fame for people who want to be stars.
3. If I met a talent scout, I would certainly be polite to him, but I would refuse his offer. What comes easily will go easily. Instead of building my castle in the air, I\'ll just save the time and money.
4. If one day, a star scout comes to me and promises to help me become a star, I will appreciate his suggestion. It is just like being given a job opportunity. If I am qualified for the career, I will give it a try. But, if I know I can\'t do it, I will give it up.
5. Personally, I think talent scouting is very important for success. In our society, some people have special skills, sweet voices or perfect figures. But they are ignored because there are no talent scouts telling them so. You should be very happy if a talent scout stopped you for he is useful for your success.
6. Talent scouting companies are not \"dream factories.\" No-one can succeed without putting in effort. So before making the decision to join the company, make sure you have a distinctive character and a gift to be a star.
7. Frankly, talent scouts are misleading. Don\'t think pies will fall from the sky. Although some agencies are legal, many are frauds or worse. People usually don\'t know what will happen after they pay their registration fee. So check every item on the contract before paying.
﹥﹥经典范文:The Qualities of the Cross-Century Talents
The cross-century talents should possess the following qualities. They should have profound knowledge, creative ability, good command of a foreign language and proficient skill in computer.
As the next century is the one with the “knowledge economy”, fast development of science and technology, and huge amount of information, the cross-century talents must have a strict professional training is a particular field, and acquire a good amount of the knowledge. They should also be creative in thinking, and come up with new ideas. In addition they need to have a good command of the English language because the world has become more globalized and they need the language to communicate with other people in different parts of the world. and they also need to know how to use the computer to receive quick and convenient information.
In order to become cross-century talents, we must continue to study hard. We should know that lifetime education will help us to develop our ability and increase our knowledge continuously. So long as we keep on learning and practicing, we can become cross-century talents.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-12-11 00:45 | 显示全部楼层
太多了,先收下慢慢看。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入后院

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|广告业务Q|工大后院 ( 粤ICP备10013660号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 18:29