扫一扫,访问微社区

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1638|回复: 2

SAT写作词汇应用方法两个

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-4-9 17:59 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
  下面从SAT写作词汇的应用方法方面为大家介绍两个建议,非常实用。SAT写作词汇的组合和应用是大家写作的基础也是影响写作成绩最大的因素。大家一起来看看SAT写作词汇在应用中应该注意哪些问题吧。

1,要使用能够准确表达意思的难词(big words)

在SAT写作中,使用难词比使用较容易的同义词更能给阅卷者留下深刻印象。有人可能会反驳:伟大的作家都倾向于使用简单的语言。没错,但笨蛋也通常如此,须知SAT阅读者面对堆积如山的essays根本没有时间在两者之间去做甄别。

尽管能精确表达你意思的词汇才是最好的词汇,但难词更容易打动SAT写作也是事实。不要做的过火,否则看起来像是刻意打动阅卷者就不好了,只需要在作文中点缀至少几个big words以使你的观点看起来更可信就可以了。

2,要避免使用个人陈述式的短语及过多的强调性副词

诸如i feel、i think、i believe之类的短语是不必要的(除非已知事实是:你在表达自己的观点),因为会使文章不够生动,也不够客观。天道小编建议大家在叙述论点的时候,多用一些感情色彩比较中性的词汇更好一些。

例如:i believe that every truly new idea looks crazy at first.

可以改写成:every truly new idea looks crazy at first.

省略那些谦逊的个人陈述式限定词,而信心满满的述之笔端,你的言辞将大大具有信服度。

注:退一步说,即使SAT作文的题目明确要求你写一下你个人的经历,在这种情况下你也应该把自己放在所经历事件的相关人物背景中去陈述。

另外一个通病就是,很多学生喜欢使用下列强调性副词以使内容更信服:a lot,definitely,especially,extremely,greatly,terribly,really,very。这些副词几乎是不必要的,用得太频繁就成了作文肤浅的标志,在你的essay中出现一两个这样的副词是可以的,但请不要超过两个。

以上这两点就是关于SAT写作词汇的应用方法,对每一个都进行了详细的分析,后面附有例子帮助理解。大家可以在备考SAT写作考试的时候,对此加以适当的练习和整理。

SAT词汇 SAT词汇量 SAT词汇表 SAT高频词汇 SAT词汇下载 : http://www.iamsat.cn/satfd/cihui/

发表于 2012-4-10 11:09 | 显示全部楼层
有心的无力,有力的无钱,有钱的无情,有情的无缘,有缘的无分,有分的正闹着离婚。

观看中
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-4-11 16:36 | 显示全部楼层
千代婆婆 发表于 2012-4-9 19:28
退一步说,即使SAT作文的题目明确要求你写一下你个人的经历

找到了一篇SAT满分写作备考经验,希望有所帮助!

在他的SAT写作备考经验中,都是英文的,但是非常简单,容易懂,包括了对备考的先后重点和考场写作时的注意事项都有所提及。一起来看看详细内容吧。

The writing is fairly similar to the math in the sense it is very coachable, and there is a very systematic approach because after all, there are only a certain amount of grammar rules covered in the multiple choice just as there are only a limited amount of math knowledge brought into the math. I’m first going to talk about something that quite possibly worries people more: the essay.

My personal opinion is even though it is very subjective what your reader thinks, with a couple of criteria met, anyone can at least get a 9-10. In fact, according to my last test results, I could have gotten an 80/9, and still got an 800.

Criteria 1: Fill the space. If you can get a solid 2 pages off in the short amount of time you are given that isn’t complete garbage, it will almost always be beneficial.

This is because on average, people aren’t able to fill all the space due to the lack of time. If you can do it, it will help you.

Criteria 2: ATQ. Answer. The. Question. If you have ever had a half decent AP class teacher, you have heard this countless times. Let your thesis answer the question, and let your supporting paragraphs support the thesis. Simple.

Criteria 3: Cite supporting facts/body paragraphs with stuff that isn’t completely stupid.

That’s it. Here are my personal tips that have helped me consistently get 12s on the essay (this 10 was because the topic was slightly difficult for me and made me run out of time, both ACT and first SAT I got 12s).

1. If you aren’t a great essay writer use the 5 paragraph build. Intro, 3 bodies, conclusion. Leave your thesis as the last sentence of your intro, have each first sentence in each body support the thesis, and repeat your thesis again in your conclusion. I have consistently used this build and it has always worked. You learned it in middle school, now put it to use.

2. The fastest way to think of facts: Take 2 from anything you like that is legitimate fact (history, science, REAL examples people can look up on the internet). 1 can be an anecdote. You can make the anecdote up if you really can’t think of a topic. If you are morally opposed then so be it. I seriously don’t think the test people care. (I don’t advocate you do this on a college essay though, that stuff is legit).

3. Leave the flowery prose. Seriously. If you are somehow a speed writer who can think of awesome prose while filling up both pages, go for it, but I don’t think most people can do it. Go into what I like to call “AP mode”. Get the facts out, cut the rest. Honestly, diction probably helps a little bit but I really don’t think 25 min’s is enough time for you to worry about anything like that. I don’t use big words and I get 12s, or at least 10s.

4. Cite the quote. You know that quote they always give you? Embed it into your conclusion or intro, or wherever you like. Personally I use it as a way to write the conclusion because I can’t think of a good conclusion fast enough. I just say something like just as so and so said “whatever”, I believe . I don’t have empirical evidence but I think it makes you seem legit, and I’m pretty sure test prep teachers have advocated this.

5. Use 3rd person. “One” is a good word, unless you are doing the anecdote paragraph.

Here’s what I personally do. I think of myself as a fairly fast essay writer, but SAT essay is one of those few things I just can’t easily outspeed. What I do is I start out with the very boring “throughout dawn of time/history of man related to the ideal being discussed> blah blah blah.” And then I narrow into my thesis. I have mastered this ability so well that I can do it without much thought, meaning WHILE I am writing my intro, I am at the same time thinking of the 3 topics I am going to use. By the time I reach my thesis, I usually have all 3, and if I don’t I just do the ones I have, leave a blank for the 3rd, and start my body paragraphs.

While I am writing my bodies, just about every time I can get my 3rd support to come to me. All in all, don’t stop writing.

以上就是关于这位取得SAT写作满分考生所分享的他的SAT写作备考经验,非常详细。大家在备考自己的SAT写作考试的时候,可以适当的参考和借鉴一下这些相关的内容。

再向你推荐一个很好的网站 ,有很多关于SAT的相关内容:http://www.iamsat.cn/
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入后院

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|广告业务Q|工大后院 ( 粤ICP备10013660号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 15:54