工大后院

找回密码
 加入后院

扫一扫,访问微社区

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 7840|回复: 44

How to make youself better qualified for an ideal future?

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-5-25 06:10 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
First of all, I would like to say sorry to all readers since this article was written in english. I was not intended to do so but I wrote it in a place where there was only one computer  that had only english input.Thanks for your understanding and hope my article will be helpful for your left college life in GDUT, also my mother school.
    This english title might make you curious about who am I.However,I am not going to introduce myself here specifically because it must be very long story that distract you from my main topic,Anyway, I am your alumi who graduated 1 year  ago and have some words have to tell with my previous 4 years' tough but also colorful life in GDUT.For a clearer and better understanding, I list my segguestions as the following three points.

1.From the first day you go to GDUT, or saying, from now on, pls keep in mind that you have to  find your ideal job after graduation by competing with so many exellent graduates of varies higher level universities who commonly saying,have more competitive advantages than you. Keep Imagining that day when you sit in the same room with them together.

Yes, it is true. For most of us, it is more or less fustrated that we can only go to GDUT rather than other better university. I love my mother school GDUT since the first day when I recieved its enrollment letter, but by doing this we can not deny the fact that many  companies like four bigs, foreign banks etc wont have bias towards us. It is fairly reasonable for employers to prefer Zhongshan university's diploma ot ours, which had many times have been complained by our schoolmates, such as "why she just showed indifference to my resume but was so friendly to Zhongshan university students." Hei, accept it and keep it in mind since four years ago, and most importantly, study something more than a diploma.

2. Dont waste your time on the so called "schorlaship"! Esprecially you dont want to work in the industry related to your major. Then, Study skills!  A. Spend most of your time on english, believe it or not,  a better company requires you a better english now.  B. But only english is far not enough, then you have to study knowledges that can earn big money, such as finance, investment, trade, computer etc(only focus on one kind ). C.Last but not least, for the higest level elites, study a third launage to the extent that you can use it to negociate with native in business rather than only speak some simple words in dialy life,or else, dont study it.

What I want to emphasize here is dont just study for the  purpose of  getting a higher score in all your subjects. You know, in GDUT, for many reasons, a high score doesnt mean you really master the knowlege you leant.  In my case, I always  only study in the last two weeks of a semester because professors often give tips of the exam in the final, Even by doing so I can easily get my three years schorlaship but learn nothing really pratical, I am afraid.  Moreover, when a company evaluate you, your highlights dont lay merely on the scholorship but your real skills. Really good compaies dont expects you to work for them with your major backgroup knowlege at the beginning but how protential you are for developing a  career. That is why when a company interview you they dont ask  professional questions but text your english, personality etc.

3. Make friends and try your best to help them. In the campus, dont be shy to take the first move to make friends, anywhere and anytime to have an open mind. For most people, males or females, you are welcomed! If you fail to make a friend, that is not a loss.But if you accidently make a friend, he or she might be your life fortune.

About love in campus. I do suggest you to expreince love because you can learn a lot indeed. A man without girlfriend in campus wont be sophisticated when he goes to the society but a man indulges in it in campus is also likely to fail in the career,at least not a successful one.  How to make ourself charming? Esprecially for men, when you can speak english like a native, when you take an internship in a company like KPMG, when you make a elaborated and powerful website which brought by a company, or even when you chat with your friends from paris in French or English freely etc, regardless if you are rich or not, tall or short, handsome or whatever as long as you looked like a man, there must be some pretty and nice girls had already fell in love with you.

Thank you so much for reading my article to the end. I didnt check it seriously and there must be countless mistakes in grammer or spelling, but I hope it wont mislead your understanding. If this article can do any help to your rest life in GDUT , it must be my greatest delight and , if you have time why dont you have a reply so that others can have a look.Best withes to all of my dear schoolmates!

By Access, a   GDUT's graduate of 2007

[ 本帖最后由 accessmdb84 于 2008-5-25 06:34 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-5-25 09:20 | 显示全部楼层
看得明白
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 09:21 | 显示全部楼层
很好,有道理。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 09:22 | 显示全部楼层
no see no thanks
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 10:29 | 显示全部楼层
I support that~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 11:06 | 显示全部楼层
good suggest
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 11:17 | 显示全部楼层
只看每段的第一句~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:21 | 显示全部楼层
入错。好多鸡肠~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:30 | 显示全部楼层
LZ真有心,THANKS!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:32 | 显示全部楼层
who can translate it to chinese,plz``
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:36 | 显示全部楼层
6级阅读试题大泄露
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:41 | 显示全部楼层
I have read it,thank you very much for you the useful suggestion.
In the past two years,I have  learnt  nothing.
As to graduation,I really don't care it,I think it is a long way from me.
There are many things I did not go to the thought, too lazy to think about.So I am  very  confused now.
May be I would chang my mind in some day.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 12:47 | 显示全部楼层
good..
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 13:05 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 13:22 | 显示全部楼层
有时间偶做下翻译,偶中意噶事情
回复

使用道具 举报

头像被屏蔽
发表于 2008-5-25 14:02 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you !This 's the best article that I see here.
So,I think I know what I should do!MAYBE...
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 14:04 | 显示全部楼层
KPMG:毕马威是网络遍布全球的专业服务机构,设有由优秀专业人员组成的行业专责团队,致力提供审计、税务和谘询等专业服务。毕马威的成员机构遍及全球超过140个国家717个地区,拥有近94,000名员工。
今天才知道
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 14:23 | 显示全部楼层
建议评为精华
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 15:39 | 显示全部楼层
如何使自己更有资格为一个理想的未来呢?
首先,我想说声对不起给所有读者,因为用英文来写这篇文章,我本来不打算这样子,但这个地方只有一台计算机而且只有英语输入法。望你谅解并希望我的文章会对您离开在广东工业大学的大学生活(也就是是我的母校)有所帮助。
    这英文名称,可能使你好奇我是谁,不过,我不打算在这里介绍自己,因为它是一段很长的故事,会分散我的主要主题,不管怎么样,我是你们一年前毕业的师兄,有些话是关于我四年在广工艰辛但多姿的生活,为了让你们更清晰和更深入的了解,现在列出我的三点建议:

1从你踏入广工的第一天起,或者说,从现在起,请记住调查薪酬水平,毕业后,你要在这么多优秀的毕业生脱颖而出,找到你理想的工作,即使人民普遍都认为他们比你更有竞争优势。想象某一天你会跟他们坐在同一个办公室。
    是的,这是事实。对我们大多数人,这多多少少有些矛盾,我们只能去广工而非其他更好的大学。从第一天收到了录取信,我就热爱我的母校,广东工业大学。虽然如此,我们不能否认事实,许多公司,例如四大外资银行等对我们有偏见。这是很正常的。他们肯定愿意录取中山大学的学生而忽视我校的学生,很多同学都抱怨说“为什么她刚才那么冷漠我的履历表,但中山大学学生又那么友好” 。所以,四年前就好牢记住它,最重要的是,要学习一些东西,不要只顾着文凭。
     2 。不要浪费你的时间在所谓“ 奖学金 ” 上!特别是你不想出来做跟你专业有关工作。其次,学习技巧!一、要花大量的时间在英语上,信不信由你,现在越好的公司对英语的要求就越高。二、只学英语是不行的,你要研究可以赚大钱的知识,如金融,投资,贸易,计算机等(只集中在一类) 。三、最后很重要的是,要成为高级精英,学习一种第三语言,要到了你可以用它来跟当地企业进行谈判的程度,而不是只在日常生活讲一些简单口语,否则就没有必要去学习它。

我想在这里强调的不是只是为了你各科都拿到更高的分数。你也知道,在广工很多时候,一个高的分数的并不意味着你真的掌握了你学到的知识。就我而言,我一直都是学期的最后两个星期才学习,在后面老师通常会给提示给我们,即使这样做,我也可以很容易拿了三年的奖学金 ,实际上并没有学到什么实用的东西,我恐怕。此外,当一家公司评价你,你的亮点在你的真实技能而不只是对奖学金。真正好的公司不会期望一开始你用你的专业知识来为他们工作,而是你对发展事业有没有潜力。这就是为什么当一家公司面试你,他们不问专业的问题,但要考你的英语,性格等。

3 。广交朋友并尽量帮助他们。在校园,不要因为害羞而不主动交朋友,无论什么时候在什么地方都要开朗。对大多数人来说,无论男性或女性,你都是欢迎的!如果你没有交到朋友,这也不是损失,不过如果你意外的认识了一位朋友,他或她可能是你的人生财富。

4 关于校园的爱情。我建议你们恋爱,因为可以从中学到很多东西。一个在校园里没有女朋友的男生当他踏入社会的时候就没有经验,但一个在校园放任恋爱的人在职业也是失败的,至少不是一个成功人士,如何使让自己更有魅力呢?特别是男生,当你能够说英语像母语时候,当你在像毕马威会计师事务所之类的公司实习的时候,当您作出阐述和强大的网站所带来的一间公司,或甚至当你在巴黎与你的好友聊天用法文或很自由的应用英语的时候,不论如果你是有钱或没有,或高或矮,英俊或什么,只要你是一名优秀男子,肯定有一些漂亮的或好女孩已深深爱上了你。
十分感谢你读完我的文章。我没有很认真地检查,这里肯定有一些语法错误或者拼写错误,但我希望它没有误导你的理解。如果此文章可以对你在广工剩余的生活有所帮助,我会很开心的,如果你有时间,也可以回复,让其他人可以看到.祝愿所有我亲爱的同学们。

07届一名毕业生

PS:我翻译了好久啊,也不知道有没有语法错误。
还有,可不可以加点分给我安慰呢?:biggrin:

[ 本帖最后由 广工小梅子 于 2008-5-25 17:22 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-5-25 15:41 | 显示全部楼层
楼上的,你E文好强!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入后院

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|广告业务Q|工大后院 ( 粤ICP备10013660号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 07:31